By Doug Newman
July 25, 2010
1) It has been centuries since a Muslim country conquered a non-Muslim
country. The Islamic world is militarily irrelevant. 911 was a not a military
invasion, but a suicide
attack ... the hijackers are all DEAD ... you cannot take over a
country, force everyone to speak Islam, impose Islamic law, etc. etc.
etc. when you are DEAD!!!!
2) When you station troops in 130 countries and throw your weight around militarily the way America does, don't complain to me when a lot of people hate you. And when you start wars with countries that haven't done anything to you and kill countless thousands of innocent people, don't complain to me when people hate you! You reap what you sow!
3) In the Great Commission - Matthew 28: 18-20 - Jesus tells us to "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." He doesn't tell us to bomb the crap out of countries that have never done anything to us and kill countless thousands of innocent people!
4) When I contemplate that the most bloodthirsty warmongers in America are Christians who SAY they are "pro-life", I know why God has allowed an Obama presidency -- see Daniel 2:21! These millions of Christians deserve Obama!
5) In Deuteronomy 28:49, God warns Israel, if they are unfaithful "The LORD will bring a nation against you from far away, from the ends of the earth, like an eagle swooping down, a nation whose language you will not understand." God brought Babylon against Israel. Have you ever thought that the "Islamization" of Europe and America just might be part of God's Judgment for (a) aborting 1 million babies a year and (b) starting wars with countries that have done nothing to us and - one more time - kill countless thousands of innocent people?
6) The proper, moral, constitutional response to 9/11 was a Letter of Marque and Reprisal, i.e. a warrant to go after the specific perps. It was NOT to start wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, threaten war with Iran, attack Pakistan, Yemen and Somalia and - one more time - kill countless thousands of innocent people!
7) Millions of Christians are so biblically illiterate that they are easy prey for the Falwells, Hagees, Robertsons, Dobsons, etc. and their promotion of aggressive war as Christian. You reap what you sow and when you live by the sword, you die by the sword.
8) Some say this community center is a slap-in-the-face
to the 9/11 victims' families. Please don't pretend to know what all these families
think or suggest that they all think
alike. Many question the
official version of the 9/11 story. Saying that the victims' families are
of one mind is like saying that all black people agree with Obama.
9) Watching Christians freak out about terrorism is like watching left-wingers freak out about global warming. There is so much manipulation going on everywhere.
(1) There are already numerous mosques in New York City, within just a few miles of Ground Zero. But only this community center has everyone's undies in a bunch. In fact, Masjid Manhattan has been operating 4 blocks from Ground Zero since 1970.
If you would like to post this, please e-mail me and include this URL.
Freely Speaking: Essays by Doug Newman